Friday, February 12, 2010

The more we get together the happier we'll be

I haven't written in a while and, if you're madly in love with me, I know that that must have been hard for you. If you have only average affection for me, it probably didn't affect you too much, but now that you've read that presumptuously indirect apology to my imagined admirers, your feelings toward me and this blog have taken a distinctive turn south (toward Satan and Hell and overcooked cabbage, along with other unpleasant things). Anyway, I've been busy exploring the city and living in my head along with thoughts too serious or nonsensical or downright shameful (Oh to dare to dream a vision so sweet/ Of shoes on hands and hats on feet) for public broadcast.

I bought a throw-away camera the other day and have finally taken some pictures. I will post them soon in order to prove once and for all (to those who brandish overly imaginative suspicions--Rachel Percival, etc.) that I am in fact in Scotland.

As compensation for reading this post, I leave with you a Churchill quote that I quite like and a picture of a dog in sunglasses:

"Soon, very soon, our brief lives will be lived. Soon, very soon, we and our affairs will have passed away. Uncounted generations will trample heedlessly upon our tombs. What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone? How else can we put ourselves in harmonious relation with the great verities and consolations of the infinite and eternal?"

2 comments:

  1. back off the South. And we were supposed to skype foo.
    And this is Brent. But I don't have an account and for some reason fu's is on my computer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish people and politicians would say more inspiring things like they did back in the olden days.

    ReplyDelete